One of the software testing events in The Netherlands I like a lot is the Test Automation Day. It is a one day event, which in 2014 will take place on June 19 in Rotterdam. The day will be packed with (international) speakers, with presentations targeting developers, testers, as well as as management.
Test automation is a broad topic: it aims at offering tool support for software testing processes where ever this is possible. This raises a number of challenging questions:
- What are the costs and benefits of software test automation? When and why should I apply a given technique?
- What tools and techniques are available? What are their limitations and how can they be improved?
- How can automation be applied in such areas as test execution, test case design, test input generation, test output evaluation, and test suite optimization?
The Test Automation Day was initiated four years ago by Squerist, and organized by CKC Seminars. In the past years, it has brought together over 200 test experts each year. During those years, we have built up some good traditions:
- We have been able to attract some wonderful keynote speakers, including Scott Barber (performance testing, 2011, 2012), Elfriede Dustin (test automation for the DoD, 2012), Walter Belgers (security, 2012), Mieke Gevers (Agile processes, 2013) Lionel Briand (model-based testing, 2013), Emily Bache (future of test automation, 2013). For 2014, we are in the process of keynote selection and invitation.
A mixture of Dutch and international speakers.
Coverage of a broad range of topics in parallel tracks.
- A mixture of different formats, including workshops, keynotes, a hands-on testlab, and tutorials, by such experts as Dorothy Graham, Steve Freeman, and Matt Heuser.
Presentations from industry (testers, developers, client organizations) and universities (new research results, tools and techniques), with a focus on practical applicability.
A mixture of invited (keynote) presentations, open contributions that can be submitted by anyone working in the area of software test automation, and sponsored presentations.
Pre-conference events, which this year will be in the form of a masterclass on Wednesday June 18.
This year’s call for contributions is still open. If you do something cool in the area of software test automation, please submit a proposal for a presentation! Deadline Monday December 2, 2013!
You are very much welcome to submit your proposal. Your proposal will be evaluated by the international TADNL program committee, who will look at the timeliness, innovation, technical content, and inspiration that the audience will draw from your presentation. Also, if you have suggestions for a keynote you would like to hear at TADNL2014, please send me an email!
This year’s special theme is test automation innovation: so if you’re work with or working on some exciting new test automation method or technique, make sure you submit a paper!
We look forward to your contributions, and to seeing you in Rotterdam in June 2014!